How is information shared?
The Valdese Community Affairs Department strives to relay important information to citizens in a timely manner. Information can be found in a variety of ways. Information is shared through the following ways:
- E-Newsletter - E-Newsletters are sent monthly and include event updates, important notices, visitor information and department announcements. Sign up here - https://www.townofvaldese.com/newsletter-signup/
- Mailing Newsletter - Mailed newsletters are shared quarterly at no cost. Interested in recieving a mailed update? Add you mailing address by calling 828-879-2129.
- Social Media - Valdese has a very strong social media presence. You can follow all things Valdese through the outlets below.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ValdeseNC | Old Rock School - https://www.facebook.com/rockschool1923 | Downtown Merchants - https://www.facebook.com/SupportLocalValdeseNC | Waldensian Festival - https://www.facebook.com/waldensianfestival
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/valdesenc/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/VisitValdeseNC
- CodeRED - Emergency Alert - Sign up for the CodeRED system here. This service is used to notify Town residents of road closures, water main breaks, water flushing schedules, and other important announcments that may impact servies.
- Websites - you already found one! townofvaldse.com is managed by the Valdese Community Affairs staff to create a one-stop-shop for everything Valdese. The Community Affairs Department also manages visitvaldese.com which is used to showcase tourism information, upcoming events, and attractions.
- Have a request? Check out the Citizens Request Center - You can simply send an email for assistance and it will be directed to the appropriate department. From rough trash pickup to band recommendations. This service offers an easy way to get assistance quickly.