Jimmy C. Draughn Aquatics & Fitness Center
The Valdese Aquatics and Fitness Center provides recreational and exercise facilities for members and walk-in visitors on a year-round basis. Nearly one thousand people signed up for membership within the first eighteen months.
The pool is twenty-five yards long, with ten lanes for swim meets or lap swimming. It is enclosed from October through May to allow for year-round swimming. In warm months, the cover is removed, allowing you to tan as you swim.
The fitness center features Cybex "nautilus-style" weight training equipment, dumbbells, stair-steppers, treadmills, recumbent and traditional exercise bikes, and ellipticals. Anyone needing assistance with the machines can call on a full-time attendant to explain how everything operates.
A number of classes, including: yoga, aerobics, water aerobics, and step aerobics are offered for a small fee. All classes are led by certified instructors. The Jimmy C. Draughn Aquatics and Fitness Center provides recreational and exercise facilities for members and walk-in visitors on a year-round basis.
- Fall/Winter Pool Schedule October 30, 2017-February 5, 2018
- Winter/Spring Swim Lesson Schedule
- Fitness Schedule November 2017
- Coming soon to the Rec-- ZUMBA!
- Daily Fees for Facilities
- Get Fit, Get Wet 2017
- Silver Sneakers Class Schedule
- Social Dance Calendar - Old Rock School
- Boot Camp Land
- ADULT Swim team opportunity (Updated 8/22)
- Aquatic and Fitness Center Member Information **New Fees as of July 1, 2017**
- Descriptions of Exercise Classes
- Birthday party reservation form (indoor season only)
|Aquatics Supervisor||Tim Pons|
|Community Center||(828) 879-2132|
Valdese Christmas Parade
The Town of Valdese invites you to enroll in CodeRED, our community notification system.