The Public Works Department manages routine garbage collection and other waste removal services -- 828-879-2128
RESIDENTIAL HOUSEHOLD TRASH: (what fits in your household trash cans)
Collected once a week on Monday - Thursday. The Buggy should be placed at roadside by 6:00 a.m. the day of pickup. After collection, the Buggy should be removed from the roadside by the following day. All trash placed in the Buggy should be contained in a plastic trash bag that has been tied shut. Residents are responsible for keeping their Buggy clean. Medical waste must be disposed of in closeable containers that prevent leakage and penetration from needles.
The Town may refuse to service any Buggy that contains waste that is not permitted to be stored therein.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHOULD NEVER BE PLACED IN YOUR BUGGY:
Liquids of any type, yard waste, hazardous waste, construction debris, or animal carcasses.
ROUGH TRASH or WHITE GOODS: Furniture, appliances, mattresses, boxed/bagged trash
Collected once per week on Thursday and Friday. Call 828-879-2128 to schedule pick-up of rough trash
- Wood Products: Separate from other trash and no larger than 7 inches in diameter and 10 feet long
- Appliances: Doors must be removed
- Tires: (off rim) Collected as needed at a cost of $5 per tire to the resident
- Yard Trimmings: Bagged in heavy duty bags; less than 25 pounds
- Tree Limbs: Separated from other yard trash; limbs no larger than 7 inches in diameter and 10 feet long
- Leaves: Collected as needed, residents should place leaves within 6 feet of the roadside. Residents should try to keep leaves free of sticks, rocks, and dirt.
THE TOWN WILL NOT COLLECT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- No stumps
- No brush piles placed in a location that may jeopardize the safety of a Town employee (e.g. under power lines)
- No brush piles resulting from the clearing of property
- No brush larger than the stated size
- No construction materials: Shingles, Bricks, Blocks, Sheetrock, Insulation, Ashes, Hot Coals, Etc.
- No hazardous materials: Paint, Gasoline, Antifreeze, Motor Oil, Solvents, Etc.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTABLE FOR RECYCLING:
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Drink cans & food cans
- Plastic bottles & jugs
- Glass - Clear, Brown, Green
All other requests please use the CITIZEN REQUEST CENTER
Valdese Celebrates 125 Years: Founders Day Weekend
The Town of Valdese invites you to enroll in CodeRED, our community notification system.