What is the point of a Youth Council?
- To create a board composed of local youth that provide insight to the local governing body, as well as community organizations.
- To create a learning experience by offering real-world experience in Local Government.
- Promotes civic engagement.
- To teach about the roles of each Local Government Departments & Council.
- Provides students with an opportunity to develop leadership skills while earning community service hours.
- Allows the local youth to have an opportunity to communicate their concerns and ideas regarding their community.
- Allows the youth to have an input to better their community.
- Students who participate will earn a letter of recommendation for college from the Valdese Mayor.
Who should serve on the Youth Council?
- High school aged students who are eager to be involved in local government and volunteering.
- Students applying for college looking for community service hours and letters of recommendation.
Contact: Madeleine Shull • Town of Valdese Assistant Director of Community Affairs & Tourism • email@example.com • 828-879-2129
Town of Valdese Farmers Market
The Town of Valdese invites you to enroll in CodeRED, our community notification system.